Tina Kolm | Graphic Design Resume
Talented, goal-oriented computer artist with demonstrated expertise in creating and
managing effective digital and web graphics.
Excellent ability to interpret client requirements and market trends to create innovative and unique designs to enhance, promote and lend consistency to brands. Thrives in dynamic environments and consistently meets project deadlines. Uses leading-edge software and methods to ensure world-class results and high visibility. Expert in all aspects of web design and graphic production.
~ Areas of Emphasis ~
• InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, PDF • Multi-tasking and Meeting Deadlines • Print and Web Production • Layout and Typography • 2D/3D Design and Package Design • Accurate Digital Design and File Prep • Design Layouts for Market Segments • Content Management Systems (CMS)
GRAPHIC DESIGNER (DEC 2016–Present)
Victorian Trading Co., Lenexa, KS
• Design print layouts and other collateral that tell the unique story of VTC to engage customers and promote sales. Concept ideas independently and participate in creative brainstorms with the team.
• Produce flawless press-ready art on deadline. Maintain graphic standards, edit and optimize photos, ensure technical quality including pricing, copy integrity and product information. Execute quality check processes on all files. Maintain product archives.
• Responsible for deliverables for print and web. These include print catalog page headings and layouts, letter from founder, promotional illustrations, animated .gifs, graphics for company website and blog, and printed in-house communications.
GRAPHIC DESIGN CONTRACTS (2008–Present)
JP Morgan Retirement Services (now Empower Retirement)
• Design of collateral used for communication with investors. Responsible for deliverables including web banner ads, brochure covers, direct mail postcards, PowerPoint slides, posters, sales kits, signage and emails. Created original design layouts that provided unified, on-target sentiment and visual communications across print and web.
Geary Community Hospital (subcontract through Dobies Healthcare Group, Kansas City, MO)
• Designed visual layouts for upgrade of hospital brand identity showing how it would roll out across signs, vehicles, print collateral, business cards, advertising and web. Proposed color coding to represent areas of specialization. Culled stock photography to find on-target images.
• Resized ads for magazines, newspapers and billboards. Retouched, sized and cropped digital art for specific publications meeting the measurements and resolution requirements specified. Emailed ads and spoke with production managers to confirm arrival, dates and accuracy.
Lawrence Memorial Hospital (subcontract through Dobies Healthcare Group)
• Designed cover of Physicians Directory. Provided a range of design mock-ups and then produced final digital art using Adobe Illustrator.
• Created layouts for cover of Community Annual Report. Submitted initial range of layout choices for discussion and development. Worked with client to arrive at final on-target design and produced final art using Photoshop, Illustrator and PDF.
Orthopedic Specialty Center of Kansas (subcontract through Dobies Healthcare Group)
• Logo design. Provided range of alternatives for discussion and development. Worked with client to arrive at final on-target design and produced final vector art.
Castle Envelope (Printing Company, now Priority Envelope)
• Designed and produced digital files for one and two color envelopes based on client need as specified in job ticket. Used Adobe Illustrator to adjust and fix art as needed. Filed digital art in accordance with company archives.
• Designed business-to-business promotional postcards, brochure and newsletters.
INSTRUCTOR OF ADOBE COMPUTER ARTS SOFTWARE AND GRAPHIC DESIGN
Colleges: The Art Institutes, Lenexa, KS (2009–Present) | JCCC, Overland Park, KS (2002–2009)
Teach Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Layout, Typography, Design for Web, Corporate Branding, Collateral and Promotional Design, Online Portfolio, Content Management System. Consistently rate above average in student evaluations. Achieved highest possible evaluation from Academic Dean. Assist in institutional effectiveness projects.
Prior experience as graphic designer with Hallmark Cards and art director with Warner Communications. Designed products and collateral for print. Oversaw layout, color and composition. Updated and managed design consistency for Warner Brothers licensed properties including Looney Tunes. Designed catalogs, promotions, and idea boards for other agency clients including Major League Baseball, Matchbox Cars, Star Wars, Vanna White, and Spring’s Industries properties. Collaborated on a cross-functional team.
Master of Science in Communication Design (Graphic Design)
PRATT INSTITUTE, New York, NY
Bachelor of Arts in Art
KALAMAZOO COLLEGE, Kalamazoo, MI